9 Ways To Become A More Peaceful Person
1. Don’t criticize, condemn or complain. If you look for the value in people and only state the positives you see in people, they will begin to say the same thing about you. For example, I see someone across the room dressed very well talking to a bunch of people and I know the person and we don’t get along too well. So I go over and say, “Hello, my we do look sharp tonight and so outgoing, too. I believe I haven’t seen this side of you recently, I am glad to see it tonight. Have a nice evening.” then turn and leave. Always leave a conversation on an up note.
2. Give honest, sincere appreciation. Even when you can’t stand to be in the same room with the person, look for something nice to compliment them on or something they have done recently that has been of great help. The more you see the positive in people the more you will beging to think better of them and them you. If you want someone to have a positive attitude areound you, you must have one around them.
3. Arouse in the other person an eager want. Be descriptive. Speak thei language according to their values and beliefs. They will see you as a person that truly listens.
4. Become genuinely interested in other people. Ask lots of questions about them. Let them tell you about their golf game or little league coaching days. This makes them feel special and you will gain valuable information as to their beliefs, attitudes, and values.
5. Smile. Have you ever wanted to engage a person with a frown? I think I’ve made my point.
6. Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most
important sound in any language. When you remember someone’s name you tell them that I liked you them enough to remember their name.
7. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves. Learn their language this way. It help when negotiating with them and establishes a bond between you and them.
8. Talk in terms of the other person’s interests.When you do this you will see the law of attraction work for you.
9. Make the other person feel important – and do it sincerely. If we look for the positives we learn that all people can be of benifit to the world and we begin to see the value of ourselve as well.